Re: Cape Town to JoBurg and some other excursion info

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:09:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 kkiefer@ngsinc.com wrote:

> That should not be a problem at all. My friend has 2 or 3 large vans I
> think. He has already offered to shuttle us around as necessary (that's
> what he does for a living). And I believe it will only cost $5/person each
> way. I will have him plan to shuttle everyone from their hotel/guest
> houses to any pre-show gatherings and to and from the concert.

That's good news! Will Rand be ok, or should be plan to bring some US
Cash as well? I assume South African ABMs take Visa and such?

> The market opens at 9am I believe and closes at 5pm on Sun. You can
> probably see what you want to see within 2 hours time, so that could leave
> Sun open for more sightseeing if desired (depending upon what time you get
> up and go to the market!). I myself will probably be up late on Sat, and
> will not be an early riser on Sun. I am leaving Sun evening so I will try
> to do the Soweto tour on Friday probably. But all 3 things sound good to
> me.

Sounds to me like maybe we can plan the market in the morning and Soweto
in the afternoon? I'd really like to try and drive to one of the game
parks on Monday morning if you're interested Christian? We just need to
be back to the airport by 5pm on Monday night.

> You may want to play it by ear. If everyone wants to do similar things
> than a shuttle is the way to go. If not, perhaps you can rent a car for
> just one of the days if you want to explore on your own or in smaller
> groups. I don't think there would be a problem getting one on the same day
> if you call in the morning or the previous day. My friend can assist with
> this as well.

This sounds fantastic. :) Does anyone else have flight info yet? Ours
is:

Arrive JoBurg Friday at 11:00am
Depart JoBurg Monday at 20:00pm

Jason