Re: Cape Town to JoBurg and some other excursion info

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:53:39 -0500 (EST)

On 26 Feb 1998, Christian Limpach wrote:

> a van would be a good idea, maybe two, in case one gets stolen during

LOL, I don't think it's *THAT* big of a worry!

> the show. But the shuttle idea sounds even better, so if we can get
> that, Karen ? Anyway, I'm interested, whatever we do.

A shuttle would be *key*. We'd all be able to hang out together
then...safety in numbers....

> I'm definitely considering and pretty much decided on the Hyatt. Are
> you decided ? What are other peoples plans ?

Yep, we've got a suite reserved on the regency club floor. Hopefully, the
band will be on that floor as they were in South America.

> So far, there seem to be 3 things to visit in JoBurg:
> - Rosebank Mall Rooftop market
> - Krugersdrop (1/2 day) or Pilanesburg (whole day) park
> - Soweto tour
>
> I want to do the 3, but I think I will only have time for 2, unless we
> can do one on Friday afternoon if we get into JoBurg on Friday
> morning...

These are EXACTLY the same three things I want to do. Anyone else?

> Friday: Krugersdrop

Unfortunately, our flight doesn't arrive until 11am on Friday.

> Sunday: Rosebank Mall Rooftop market

Do we think this will be an all-day affair? Maybe we could do it in the
morning and the Soweto tour in the afternoon?

> Monday: Soweto tour

> We were planning to get a car but now it seems like we won't need one
> in JoBurg if we get something arranged to go to and back from the show
> and do tours the rest of the time...

That sounds cool. If we find we need one, I suppose we can all rent as a
group when we get there. Check your insurance co though. I called mine
and I am *definitely* not covered, no way no how, in South Africa.

Jason