Re: Airline prices from JFK to Buenos Aires, you're not going to be happy

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:48:49 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Elena Espinoza wrote:

> well, i inquired today at AMAZONAS, and the guy quoted
> me $1200 on a UNITED AIRLINE FLIGHT as well. i told him we'd
> be a group of ten or more (another agent told me a group
> constitutes ten people), and he said he'd have to look into
> it. i'm supposed to call back tomorrow afternoon.

Usually anything over 8 is a group. Groups RARELY get discounts on full
flights, which is what we're looking at. They prefer not to discount when
they don't have to obviously ;-)

> JASON MAYFIELD, are you going to be able to get ten or more
> of us down there at your discount, do you think?

Seats seem to be few are far between. Most flights have a seat here and
there. Getting 10 seats on one flight out of JFK just isn't likely to
happen. The Lan Chile flight that was mentioned is the best I've found,
and that's got 6 seats left. How flexible are we on dates here?

Jason