Re: Jo-burg Gathering - What do you think?

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:10:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 kkiefer@ngsinc.com wrote:

> I found a Cantina Tequila in Rosebank, but the proprietor who I knew when I
> was there is no longer there. :-( Anyway, I have made a reservation
> there for 15 people for Friday night, 3/21 at 7:30pm. This is a fun place
> where people sometimes get up and dance on the tables. I told him why we
> were there, and asked about bringing our own music and here's the thing:
> they have a band on Friday night, called Sugar and Spice. He said they are
> good and they play 'cover versions'. They serve dinner and plenty of
> drinks for those interested. You do not have to be 21 to enter.

Sounds fun and dandy to me. I'll defer to your judgement since you've
been there before. :) Anyways, I plan to sit at the pool all afternoon
and burn crisp ;-) so I'll be up for some good old fashioned re-hydration
by that time. ;-) This margarita's on me Karen. ;-)

> What do you think? There is a HRC about 8-10 minutes north of Rosebank,
> but when I was there, it was not very interesting, and not as fun as the
> Cantina Tequilas' I have been to. Worth a visit to buy some souvenirs if
> you want though.

SOunds cool for the souveniers alone. Got to add to my collection of 14
HRC pins.

> I don't think the band starts until 9pm. Does anyone mind a band at our
> gathering, or do I look elsewhere?

Nope, looks cool for me. Can I stow away in your luggage to Cape Town?
;-)

Jason