Re: Cape Town to JoBurg

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:20:21 -0500 (EST)

On 25 Feb 1998, Christian Limpach wrote:

> There's also a train ride, sleep wagon, 1st class, takes 26 hours and
> it's $110. Might be more fun than the plane, who knows ? Jason ?
> You're the adventurer :-)

I'd say it certainly sounds like the biggest adventure. :) If I were
going to Capetown that would certainly be my plan.

Currently, however, my company is being a group of morons and keep telling
me "tomorrow" they'll tell me if I can take vacation. :S Morons.

Can anyone give me a serious appraisal of Jo'Burg crime? A friend in
London who left Jo'Burg three months ago says he was afraid for his
family's safety. Not like there's crime everywhere, but it's certainly
dangerous. He also said the stadium area tended to be very bad with no
public transit options. Any ideas? How are people getting from the
concert to hotels? Just wanted to make sure I got all the opinions...
Jason