Re: Lowest Fare from JFK ==> BA...

Henry Wagner (henryw@panix.com)
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:40:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Henry Wagner wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 misst@PHS2.PHSHMO.COM wrote:
>
> > I just called STA Travel (800)777-0112 and they still have the lowest rates
> > I've found going from JFK to BA between 1/30-2/8 ===> $844 + tax. As Lata
> > said you need to be a student of under 25 years old in order to book fares
> > with them. This is also going through Varig Airlines.
>
> Wow! $844! That's more like it. I'm 25, but not a student, is there any
> way I can qualify for a fair like this?

Ok, I'll respond to my own message :) I called, and since I'm 25, and
don't turn 26 till after the trip I qualify :)

The flight I reserved is 2/1->2/8 JFK->BA connecting through Rio. Since
it's a weekend flight so it was $50 more, plus the tax = $949. If anyone
else wants to get this fair, call the number above ASAP, there are only
two seats left on the plane from Rio to BA on 2/1.

They said flights on 1/31 and 2/2 are sold out.

I've got a one week reservation on this flight before I have to give them
some money, so if anyone has anything better PLEASE let me know, but at
this point it looks like this is the flight I'll be on.

Henry