Re: Fun Facts on Jargon

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:45:57 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 kkiefer@ngsinc.com wrote:

> (My personal favorite in the systems' world), Servers 'fall over', as
> opposed to 'crashing'

Perhaps then you can explain to me why my server keeps falling over this
morning??? ;-)

> When reciting a number in which one of the numbers repeats, such as
> 8224, it is said with the prefix 'double' as in 'double two'.
> Eight double two four. Triple is also used. But 2222 would be 'double
> two, double two'.

I've been practicing all morning. ;-) Een, twee, drie, vier, vyf, ses,
sewe, agt, nege, tien. Heh heh.....

> When driving, if a faster car approaches behind you, move left into
> the shoulder to let them overtake you. (Oh how I wish cars would do
> that over here!!)

I had some guy on the toll road here start flashing his high beams at me
this morning. I was in the left lane doing 130kph (around 80mph) and he
was still pissed. Damn hooligans in Cadillacs...

> Also very common especially on secondary roads are people (usually women)
> carrying anything from a basket of food to a large piece of luggage (and
> I mean the large kind with wheels) on their heads.

But can they carry an elephant??? ;-)

Ek kan nie weg nie!!!!

Jason