Re: who has informations ?

Jason Mayfield (ironman@saltmine.radix.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:36:16 -0500 (EST)

On 24 Feb 1998, Christian Limpach wrote:

> does anybody have any informtion about tickets for the cape town and
> Johannesbourg show ? Or is everybody only getting tickets when they
> get there ?

When I get there. I did that for all the South American shows and in
Melbourne and Perth and had no problems....Right now, from what I
understand, the field is gone in JoBurg, and with security as it
tyupically is in South Africa getting where you don't "belong" may be
tough.

> And what about hotels :-) What area of JoBurg is "good", if anybody
> has any informations, please share. Thank you :-)

Rosebank just north of JoBurg is very nice. It's also where the Hyatt
(and likely U2) will be. Whatever you do, do NOT stay downtown. After
dark, it empties out and becomes carjack and crime central. I don't want
to sound down, but it is a relatively dangerous place. Actually, one of
the reasons I really want to go. If I make it, high on my list is a trip
to Soweto....

Jason